Skip to main content

My Mission

For the last couple years I have been sort of studying the ends and outs of social media platforms, marketing programs and other software that is readily available for people to use to create a brand.  I've done everything from launching products all the way to self publishing a book that I was able to get into many major online retailers all from my phone and/or laptop.  The point is, is that with the internet and these very accessible programs one individual now has the capability to reach millions at their fingertips.  I have the capability to reach millions, and... I want to.  I want to make a difference somewhere in this world, make a positive change, help.

I've used some of these online mediums to express myself artistically, and ended up creating a very small business designing and selling Yoga pants.  My pants feature beautiful landscape scenes of nature and our environments.  I always joke that it is a fun way to "get into nature".  I love everything about my artwork, and about running a business. I was raised by artist and entrepreneurs, and this whole project has been an amazing creative outlet for me.  Of course I'm learning more about it everyday (that's part of the fun), and slowly perfecting my craft.  It is however, definitely still a work in progress.

Seeing my pants in an actual store for the 1st time! Lake Powell Vacations

One thing I've wanted to do more of in my life is to give back.  In my youth I was on the receiving end of help quite a bit, and thinking back on it now I am extremely grateful for the gifts I was given.  I've decided to use my voice as an artist to start making a difference in the homeless communities within the United States, and hopefully one day the whole world.  I don't have much money to donate, but I do have some time and a little bit of internet know how.  I want to start by donating 100% of my pants profits to organizations and shelters that are helping to get people off of the streets.  The scenes depicted on my pants are from a place WE ALL call home, but the thing is that many people do not have a home.  Currently there is an estimated 500k plus of homeless people in the US alone.  In Yoga philosophy it is believed we are one, all connected, and those 500k plus people are our mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, children and babies.

For every pair of pants purchased, the profits (roughly $10/pair) will be donated to an organization that helps the homeless community in the same region that is on the pant design.  For example, when a pair of my Antelope Canyon leggings are purchased the profits will help the homeless community in Northern Arizona, and when a pair of my Mount Rainier pants are purchased those profits will help the homeless community is Washington State.  I only have a few states now, but I will eventually get a design for all of them because this is a nationwide problem.

Even before I was a Yogi, I would often reflect on life's purpose, and the answer I always settled on was to learn, grow and pass that knowledge on.  I'm not sure in the end what we need all this knowledge for, but in the meantime I know each challenge or obstacle I've ever come across had equipped me with tools to more easily conquer the next one.  I want to learn more about this problem, and I want to pass the knowledge on; I want us to conquer it and for everyone to be able to call some place home.

Namaste,
Holly Crandall



Comments

  1. You are a Unique Lady , Holly. I have watched you grow from Hair Stylist thru Yogi, you inspire me to reach for the stars and follow my passions as you have done. All this while being an Extraordinary Mother.
    I Honor You, on your path...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Help Hawaii

With the volcano erupting on the Big Island and earthquakes still happening, many people are left without homes.  I've designed a pair of leggings where for the next twelve months 100% of the profits are going to go towards the Volcano Victim Relief fund hosted by the Salvation Army.  After twelve months the profits from this design will go to a local organization that helps the homeless community on the Big Island. If Yoga pants are not your thing, click  here  to donate directly.

Donation Plan

I want to give you all a rundown of how I plan to donate 100% of the profit from the items in my shop, so you know where the money goes and when. Right now while Yogescape is new and I'm still getting the word out I plan on donating to the chosen organizations once a year.  When that time comes I would like to announce how much, and where the funds were donated.  As Yogescape grows and more sales come in, then I may decide to donate bi-annually or quarterly.  I would like to get the money to the organizations sooner, than later so it can get to helping people. To see what organizations I support you can look at the item description in the shop link or scroll to the bottom of my 'contact us' page here. Yoga Leggings - 100% of the profits are donated to an organization the is the same region as the design on the pants.  For example: The profits from my New York City Yoga Leggings will be donated to an organization called New York City Relief that is based in NYC. Ne